Step 6: Run Emissions Calculations Using Estimation Methods
Configure Records as Inputs to Emissions Estimation Methods and Run Calculations
In Step 4, we had to ensure that the volumetric estimation methods configured on each flow captures the flow records as inputs in order to run volumetric calculations. Now, we have to follow a similar process to ensure that the emissions estimation methods configured on each equipment captures the flow volumetric records as inputs in order to run emissions calculations. In order to do this:
- Navigate to the Calculations page under the Emissions tab in the Navigation bar.
- Use the calendar filter to filter for the current month.
- Click on the “Apply Configuration” button at the top of the Calculations table.
- You will receive a message asking if you want to bulk apply configuration. Click on the “Apply Configuration” button to proceed. This action will promote records as inputs to emissions estimation methods (volumes, gas analysis, etc).
- Now, the Status of the calculations on all equipment will be updated from ‘Incomplete’ to ‘Ready’.
- In instances where the Status still remains as ‘Incomplete’, please navigate to the How to Troubleshoot Incomplete Calculations section.
- Click on the “Calculate” button at the top of the Calculations table. This button will calculate emissions.
- You will receive a message asking if you want to run calculations in bulk. Click on the “Run Calculations” button to proceed. The action will calculate emissions.
- Now, the Status of the calculations on all equipment will be updated from ‘Ready’ to ‘Complete’. Also, the total emissions (CO2e, CO2, CH4, and N2O) calculated for the specified time period will be displayed in the Summary section on the page.
- The last 4 columns in the Emissions Calculations table will now display the calculated emissions for each equipment piece (Mass CO2eq, Mass CO2, Mass CH4, and Mass N2O). You will now be able to pull your emissions from the Custom Reports page under the Emissions tab.
Go to Step 7: Pull Custom Reports >>