Networks is another type of asset that is used to group selection flows and perform a network balance for the purpose of fuel proration. By creating networks, you can select a set of upstream or primary flows and a set of downstream or secondary flows.
This allows users to model two types of networks: a fuel meter network or a derived meter network. A fuel meter network is when the primary flow volume is measured via a fuel meter and the secondary flows represent fuel, flare or vented volumes. A derived meter network is when all flows except for one within the network are considered known, and the remaining flow is unknown. By doing a balance on the network, we can attribute the remaining balance to the unknown flow.
Configure a Network
A new network should be created in cases where a new fuel gas meter has been added on the field, or a new volume configuration must be reflected in Carbon Hub.
- To view the networks list, navigate to the Networks page under the Organization tab in the Navigation bar.
- Click on the Create Network button in the top right corner.
- Populate the required fields, as well as any additional attributes necessary for your reporting and/or analysis.
- Enter the Name of the new network.
- Fill out the other relevant Optional fields.
After the network details have been provided, click on the Next button to define the flows that should be included in the Network.
- Clicking on Next will navigate you to the Create Network - Flow Section page, where you can select which flows should be added to the network. To add flows to a network, use the search bar at the top of the page and select the checkbox next to the Flow Name.
- Once all of the flows are selected, click on the Create Network button to create the network.
Delete a Network
If a network was created with errors and needs to be deleted, you can click on the delete button in the top right. Click Yes to confirm. Note: This can not be undone.