Devices represent any physical devices taking direct measurements at your asset base and help organize the underlying measurement data at your operational assets. Examples of Devices include a range of measurement instrumentation, including (but not limited) to flow meters, temperature and pressure sensors, Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) cameras, and various components integrated within Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
Devices interact with other assets (Facilities, Equipment, Flow, and Networks) to accurately represent the context for your measurement data and how it is being collected.
How to create a device
- Go to Devices under Organization in the Navigation bar.
- Click on the Create Device button in the top right corner.
- Populate the required fields and any additional custom attributes necessary ** Note: Custom attributes can be specific to each customer and are created during onboarding. These custom attributes can be adjusted by contacting Validere support at firstname.lastname@example.org to create/edit or delete these attributes.
- Save by clicking on Create.
How to edit a device
- Find your device on the Devices page under Organization in the Navigation bar.
- To edit, you can either:
- Hover your cursor over the device's row in the table and click the pencil icon.
b. Click on the device, which will take you to the device's details page. Then, select Edit in the top right corner. This will then take you to the Edit Device page.
How to delete a device
- Find your device on the Devices page, found under Organization in the Navigation bar.
- To delete, you can either:
- Hover your cursor over the last column of the device, and click the trash icon.
b. Click on the device, which will take you to the details page. Then, select Delete in the top right corner.
- A window will pop-up to confirm that you want to delete this device. Once confirmed, click Delete.
- Please note: once a device is deleted, it can not be restored.
View device change log
The Device Change Log tracks modifications and updates made on data associated with the device itself. This functionality allows all users to access and review any changes made, improving the auditability of your data and transparency amongst team members.
- Navigate to the Devices page under the Organization section in the Navigation bar.
- Select the device.
- Access the Change Log tab to see all the updates made to the device. Here, you will see what was updated, by whom, and when. You can filter the change type (Delete, Update, and Create) by clicking the Filters button on the right and applying filters.
Last Updated: January 2, 2023