Equipment is the next level in our organizational hierarchy and is used to represent equipment or emissions sources operating at a facility. Equipment similar to facilities have custom attributes that can be defined on a "per-customer" basis. You can define what custom attributes you would like to track associated with your equipment in order to appropriately inventorise and later organize your emissions inventories and operational data based on your equipment attributes.
Users can accurately track and manage the performance and condition of individual equipment pieces, enabling precise quantification and reporting.
How to add equipment
- There are two ways to add equipment, either:
- Go to the Equipment view under Organization in the Navigation bar. Click on “Create Equipment”.
- Navigate to Facilities. Select the facility and click “Add equipment” under the Equipment section.
- Populate the required fields, as well as any additional custom attributes necessary for your reporting and/or analysis.
- Associate the newly created equipment with the appropriate Facility.
- Enter the Name and Status of the new equipment.
- Choose an Effective Date for the equipment. This date is meant to represent when the equipment went or will go into service
- Select the Equipment Type. This will correspond to various reporting groups (i.e. Subpart W reportable emission source).
- Input any relevant Optional fields (i.e. Latitude and Longitude for your asset to appear on the map.)
** Custom attributes can be specific to each individual customer and are typically created during onboarding. Adjustments to these custom attributes can be made by contacting Validere support at firstname.lastname@example.org to create/edit or delete these attributes.
- After filling out all necessary details, click on the Create Equipment button to create the Equipment record.
How to edit equipment
- There are two ways to edit your equipment:
- Go to Equipment under Organization in the Navigation bar. Select the equipment piece that requires modification. You can locate the equipment piece by browsing through the pages, typing the name in the search bar, or utilizing the saved filters.
- Navigate to Facilities, and select the facility. Click on the equipment piece and the Edit button in the top right corner.
- Update the fields, and click Save.
How to delete equipment
- Find your equipment piece by either: 1) clicking on Equipment under Organization in the Navigation bar, or 2) clicking on the facility under Facilities and selecting the equipment piece. You can locate the equipment piece by browsing through the pages, typing the name in the search bar, or utilizing the saved filters.
- To delete, you can either:
- Click on the equipment piece and delete from the record page
- Hover your cursor over the last column and click the trash icon.
- Click the Delete button.
- A window will pop-up to confirm that you want to delete this equipment piece. Once confirmed, click Delete.
- Please note: once an equipment piece is deleted, it can not be restored.
View Equipment Change Log
The Equipment Change Log tracks modifications and updates made to equipment records. This functionality allows all users to access and review any changes made, improving auditability of your data and transparency amongst team members.
- Navigate to the Equipment view under the Organization section in the Navigation bar.
- Select the equipment piece. You can locate the equipment piece by browsing through pages, or by typing its name in the search bar or utilizing the saved filters.
- Access the Change Log tab to see all the updates made to the facility.
- You can filter the change type (Delete, Update, and Create) by clicking the Filters button on the right and applying filters.
- Once you've set your desired filters, click the Apply Filters button to view the filtered results.
These steps allows you to track any modifications or updates made to the equipment piece.
Last updated: December 21, 2023