Nov 1, 2023
Product Release 2.333
This release includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Measurement units will be automatically converted to the calculator input on estimation methods and networks (i.e. barrels to cubic meters)
- Ability to set the time window (month, 3-month, annual) when configuring volume records.
- Export, edit, and re-upload Equipment records and Flows in bulk.
- Add new Facilities, Equipment, Flows and form submissions using the downloadable template found by clicking on the Import button.
- For example, to access the Equipment Record template, click the Organization in the navigation bar > select Equipment > toggle to the Records tab > click on Import button on the right side of the Equipment table.
- View the history of uploaded files by accessing the Submissions tab under Data Tools.
- Added more emissions and volume calculators, including:
- Wyoming DEQ Drill Rig Emissions
- Updated the Flow tables to include the associated facilities and equipment.
- Made improvements to the mobile app, including:
- Refreshed appearance and user-friendly design upgrades
- Enhanced functionality for capturing photos and videos within the app
- Ability to document events through the mobile app through form submissions
- Automated geolocation data population
- Drop-downs now load properly on filter panels instead of appearing under the page.
- The network details page only displays assets within that network.
- Associated Facility and Associated Equipment now appear in the column configuration for Flows.
- Flows can now be filtered by Custom Attributes.
- The Emissions Custom Report can be filtered based on status.
- The Volumetric Custom Report now exports only volumes, instead of all measurement types.
- Deleted forms are now removed from the record configuration.
- Inputs sourced from facility records hyperlink to the correct page on Flows.
- Record value properties sourced from forms display volumes, instead of "NaN".
- The Home Page loads properly when navigating away and returning
Sept 18, 2023
Product Release 2.332
This release includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Updated display of measurement units on the Records page. (i.e. meters_cubed is now displayed as m3).
- All assets are tracked under the Change Log.
- Fixed the issue when selecting a 1-month time period on the Flow records.
- Issues filtering by Equipment Type on the Equipment page have been fixed.
- Default y-axis on the Measurement tab populates when loading the page.
- Changing measurement date range on Equipment won’t redirect user to the Details page.
- Default date range now applies to the Records pages.
- Users can search Flows using a comma (“,”).
- Modifications to the column or pagination will not clear prior column sorting and pagination on the Emissions Details page.
- Ability to filter reports to a 1-month selection.
Sept 5, 2023
Product Release 2.331
- New calculation libraries added:
- More Western Climate Initiative
- Subpart MM
- Subpart NN
- Subpart PP
- Repeat sections enable users to submit sections multiple times and view those repeat sections in the form details page
- This enables use cases like tracking multiple leaks or repairs in the same form!
- The first version of our Events feature is officially launched!
- Events represent activities that have a start and end time and can be used to associate assets and evidence to the activity. Events can be used by customers to track emissions, health and safety, maintenance or operations activities!
- This will enable customers to track the information required for OOOOa, Subpart W and TIER Emissions event reporting as well as many other EHS incident workflows!
- Users can now delete record values. If the record value was used as an input source in a calculation, the link will be disassociated and audit trail will be lost.
- Users can now see their list of records across time on equipment and flows! This makes setting records across assets and time much more efficient. We are going to continue to invest in these features to make them easier to use with bulk actions
- Users can now edit flow details including the name, attributes and connecting assets, instead of having to delete and create a new flow. This improves user experience and ensures users have an accurate snapshot for volumetric analysis.
- Users with only home page permissions are automatically directed to the home page, instead of the Settings page.
- Users are able to search for the full equipment name (containing “,”) in the search bar.
- Users can update the number of viewable rows on the equipment detail pages.
- Users can search for facilities after 1,000 entries on the device filter panel.
Aug 24, 2023
Product Release 2.330
- We have updated the visual design of how latex is rendered to better handle equations that are wide and would render off the page
- We can now store records on Facilities! this will enable use cases such as tracking facility operating hours which can then be used to input source operating hours to all equipment at the facility
- Promote measurements and calculator results into records that can be used in input sourcing. Audit trail now brings you from calculator results all the way back to the measurement source.
- Measurements via forms
- calculator results via estimation methods
- measurement series via devices
- manual entry
- Take the sum or average of a selection of measurements
- Leverage the filter panel to search for the correct measurement when completing record configuration
- Improved forms navigation!
- A form category page to act as a “folder” structure for form templates
- A Form Template detail page to see all submissions to a form template
- A “Recent Templates” tab for quick access of a customer’s latest templates
- Section breaks and new titles!
- A new “Home Page” that summarizes the emissions profile of an organization under a reporting group.
- A map of all facilities and if you hover over one facility you will be provided with the emissions details. The facility name is hyperlinked so you can navigate into the details for more investigation
- A trend of emissions over time with a summary that sums the emissions
- A breakdown of emissions by equipment type to understand your largest sources of emitters
- A tabular breakdown of emissions per facility
- Disclaimer: The home page is only applicable for customers that are leveraging estimation methods for calculating emissions. Right now all users will still land on the settings page and the “Home Page” is treated as another tab. We are working on a solution to dynamically land appropriate users on the Home Page and will keep you updated.
- How to turn on the Home Page: If you want to leverage the Home Page for your customers ensure they are leveraging estimation methods and turn on
- We have updated our apply defaults endpoint to work on months that do not contain calculator inputs. Now when an admin user hits the endpoint it will check to see if an input schema exists. If it does not exist it will create one and then search for record sources to apply.
Aug 11, 2023
Product Release 2.329
- Associated flows are now displayed on the Equipment and Facility details page. Users can see how assets are connected, enabling volumetric management.
- Now supporting more than 1000 entries, ensuring users can easily access and view all your facilities and equipment without any limitations.
Searchable form fields in Form templates
- Users can easily locate their desired option by using the freeform search bar, instead of having to scroll through the list.
Revamped the Metric Tile design
- Updated format to improve the visual design of the tile
- No longer shown on measurement charts that have interval >1 day to address feedback about confusing tooltips
- Facility Emissions and Equipment Tab reporting group selection only show the relevant reporting groups.
- New Equipment type added - LDAR Header
- New Measurement types added:
- energy thrm
- energy gth
- fuel consumption (scf/hr, bhp)
- C5+ content (%mol, %wt, %Vol)
- C5 pentane (%mol, %wt, %Vol)
- power rating (Watt, bhp)
Aug 4, 2024
Product Release 2.328
"Reporting Scenario" selector
- Replaced the drop-down menu with a sleek pop-up window. This change enhances the user experience but also lends a visually appealing touch. You can find the Reporting Group Selector in various sections:
- Custom Reports (Emissions + Volumetric)
- Emissions Tab (Facility)
- Emissions Records Tab (Equipment + Flows)
- Displays the asset name rather than "Source”, allowing users to quickly identify the source information without needing to navigate to the Source Record.
- Appears in the incorrect order. That’s been fixed, and users now have the flexibility to arrange the questions in the desired sequence (with help from a services consultant).
July 28, 2023
Product Release 2.327
Carbon Hub for Canadian market
- Allows users to track the flow of product from one location to another and the attributes of that flow (AKA volumetric management). With this functionality, clients are able to:
- Model production volumes to enable Carbon Intensity and Methane Intensity calculations
- Contextualize measurements of product flow (volume, quality, etc)
- E.g Where was the measurement taken (inlet stream)
- What is the flow being used for (fuel gas)
- Calculate theoretical volumes given attributes / operating conditions of the nodes on the flow
- Higher-level asset groupings of connected flows and equipment/facilities to enable volumetric proration for accurate Fuel Flare Vent adjustments. This functionality allows clients to:
- Perform fuel proration using known connections, theoretical fuel consumption, and actual meter readings.
- Accurately allocate volumes to the correct equipment for more accurate emissions calculations
- Estimation methods define the methodology that will be used to calculate emissions or volume on a given asset for a given reporting group, which enables clients to:
- Add any number of estimation methods to an asset from supported quantification methodologies
- View the formula documentation that has been implemented behind the scenes to enable transparency into the underlying calculations
- See an audit trail of where the inputs came from (user defined vs system defined) and details around who ran the calculation and when
- Calculate emissions using the same asset profile and apply it towards various reporting scenarios (e.g Subpart W and MIQ)
- We have invested in adding additional support for new quantification methods and can now calculate other pollutants such as Criteria Air Contaminants
- Scope 2 (US & Canada)
- Alberta GHG Methodologies
- Canadian Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Pollutant Release Inventory
- We are going to continue to add support for new quantification methods and will share when available
- Contextualize records under a shared grouping to enable reporting and visualizations for:
- Regulatory Reports (Subpart W, TIER, Canadian Federal GHG)
- Voluntary Reports (OGMP, MIQ)
- Volumetric Reports (FFV)
- Operating Condition Reports (Operating Values at Standard Temperature Pressure)
- Modeling Scenarios (Pneumatic Replacement)
- View the roll-up of emissions data to a specific facility or equipment and view the breakdown of how the emissions were generated
- For each period, define the single source of truth for a measurement type on equipment or Flow under a reporting group. For example:
- What is the HHV for the month of March given the samples taken
- What is the fuel consumption of equipment for a month
- Define which record estimation method inputs should be sourced from or the associated default value should no source exist or be defined
- Source inputs from equipment or flow records (e.g source the fuel gas volume on a compressor from the associated flow record where the theoretical fuel consumption was calculated)
Emissions Custom Report
- Create pivot table-like reports by defining the grouping of emissions under a custom report to analyze trends and identify where emissions are being generated
- Define the outputs that you are interested in viewing
- Export to Excel
- Filter based on any facility or custom attribute
Volume Custom Report
- Create pivot table-like reports by defining the grouping of volumetric records under a custom report to analyze trends and identify where Fuel, Flare, Vent volumes are being consumed
- Support Flow look-up questions so measurements that are submitted via a form can be associated with a flow. Used for associated product samples with the correct asset
Mar 30, 2023
Product Release 2.326
Emissions Database Enhancements
- Number formatting for emission calculation records (scientific notation, decimal precision, number formatting).
Numbers should be easier to read and interpret with more appropriate format depending on the magnitude and commonly understood.
- Emissions by Facility bar chart now highlights the largest emitting facilities.
Customer can now easily see where there emissions are coming from, so they can investigate further if necessary.
Facility and Equipment Details
- Location details of a facility and equipment are now stored within the software.
This change enables the new map visualizations allowing users to interact with their data spatially.
Date Selector UX Improvements
- When selecting a range the selection hovers to indicate start date and end date.
- When selecting start date or end date the appropriate input is bolded.
- The month selection now defaults to the previous selection.
These improvements should help with the usability of the product.
Mar 16, 2023
Product Release 2.325
- The Emissions Over Time line graph default now shows CO.
- We have added filters to the Emissions Overview where users can modify the Facility and Equipment type.
Subpart W Export
- Reciprocal compressors Count logic now returns the expected number.
Emissions database enhancements
- The operating conditions table no longer shows values that were text strings as NaN.
Mar 9, 2023
Product Release 2.324
We are introducing the Card Grid for our custom dashboards. The Card Grid enables users to create new dashboards and quickly navigate between them.
- Each card contains the dashboard name, description, and created date.
- Users can use filters on their cards the same way they would with a table.
Card Grid gives users a more visual way of interacting and navigating with their data. Users can quickly find dashboards relevant to their needs.
- We have added color gradients to charts. The gradient appears on the device detail and custom dashboard features.
- Users may now change the chart time interval to five minutes.
This smaller interval should help users better investigate alerts with a measurement spike between a one-hour interval.
Emissions Database Enhancements
- Units for GHG emissions now correctly print as mt instead of Mt.
This also applies to other units.
- Sorting the equipment list by using the equipment method should now show the appropriate equipment instead of an empty table.
- Numbers correctly formatted in the Operating Conditions tables (e.g. 123,456.11 vs. 123456.12345).
Mar 2, 2023
Product Release 2.323
The new alerting feature allows users to create generalized alerting configurations based on emissions or operational measurement readings. When the criteria are met, the users will receive an email and a link to the alert's details. Users can then view the alert's details and decide what the next steps should be based on the provided details.
- Users can define the conditions that need to be met to be alerted. Multiple alert conditions are supported.
- When multiple conditions are configured for an alert, ALL conditions must be met to trigger the alert.
Multiple alert conditions enable users to correlate their alerts with other environmental and operational data, reducing unnecessary alerts.
- Users can specify email addresses to receive the alert email whenever ALL criteria are met.
Alerts will still be seen in the alerts tab; this feature allows specified users to respond to alerts as they happen, enabling quicker response times.
- Users will receive an email alert with the details of the alert that was triggered alert and when it was triggered.
- Under the alerts management tab, users can find a list of all alerts that have been triggered and then filter the alerts to easily sort them.
Sorting and filtering alerts enable users to navigate the alerts and find ones relevant to them.
- Users may click a specific alert to see details including the measurement device, device location, and the data before and after the alert.
Relevant data is attached to the alert, allowing users to quickly assess the event and determine the next steps.
- After a user has investigated the alert details, they can Close with the Reason, such as an invalid alert or maintenance in progress.
Closing an alert lets other users know that the alert has been assessed and acted upon.
- Threshold Lines have been added to our charting capabilities within the dashboard.
Now users can compare their measurement readings against set upper and lower limits on a chart.
- We have also updated our chart colors so that each color is unique and easily distinguishable.
- Large positive and large negative numbers should now be rendered inside the chart area.
Emissions Database Enhancements
- N2O emission records have been added to default dashboards and records tables.
- Administrators may now set a user’s "Regulatory and Compliance" permission to "Read," preventing the user from editing or modifying emissions calculations and results.
- Method Display Name has been added to detail views, list views, and filters.
Feb 23, 2023
Product Release 2.322
- Users can now create equipment that is not for the purpose of emissions calculations (e.g Scrubbers and Tanks).
- Generic Equipment detail pages do not have the Operational Values or Emissions tab.
- Generic equipment can have measurements associated with them.
Users now have the ability to ingest high-frequency data such as data from SCADA systems and be associated with the correct equipment. This supports many current and future use cases.
- Agriculture-based emissions calculations have been added to the software.
- Aboveground Biomass
- Belowground Biomass
- Biomass Burning
- Enteric Fermentation
- Fossil Fuel Consumption
- Soil Organic Carbon (Tonne-tonne)
- Soil Organic Carbon (Tonne-year)
- Nitrogen Fixing
- To support agricultural calculations, we have enabled the ability to toggle equipment types on a per-company basis.
This will ensure customers only see equipment types that are applicable to their jurisdiction or use case. For example:
- Subpart W users will only see Subpart W equipment.
- Agriculture users will only see pre-specified equipment types associated with agriculture verticals and emissions calculations.
- Subpart UU/RR users will only see UU/RR equipment.
Feb 15, 2023
Product Release 2.321
- Users can now rename and delete Saved Filters.
Users have more control over how they want to customize their views within the software.
- All operating conditions now have units.
We had an issue where some operating conditions were missing units impacting the user experience. We have added units to all operating conditions.
- Calculations for subpart UU/RR calculations have been amended
Our subpart UU/RR calculations were off by a factor because of a missing unit conversion. This has been updated and now returns the correct results.
Subpart W Export
- Small gaps on the following tabs and the associated fixes have been applied:
- Pneumatic Devices will now show the average operations hours rather than the sum of operations hours.
- Combustion Units
- Units were added for large combustion units.
- Fuel volume added for small combustion units to the export.
- Equipment Leaks have been added to the export.
Feb 9, 2023
Product Release 2.320
- Added support to relabel equipment based on industry, use case, and customer preference. (e.g Equipment -> Source, Sink, Reservoir).
The term equipment does not fully represent all of the emissions scenarios. Now, users have the ability to accurately represent what the record is being used for.
- Operation Conditions has moved to its own tab on the Equipment Detail screen called "Operational Values."
This change is in preparation for creating and storing equipment inventory that is not used for bottom-up calculations, which we aim to have in the software soon.
Feb 2, 2023
Product Release 2.319
Monthly Date Picker
- A new date picker has been implemented on the following pages:
- Emissions Overview (including: Organization, Facilities, Equipment)
- Emissions Calculations
- Emissions Reports
The new monthly date picker improves the usability of our product by reducing the clicks it takes to select a month or monthly range.
- Chart tooltips will now close when the cursor is no longer hovering over the chart.
- Labels are now truncated on smaller screens or when the text is too long.
Overlapping labels should no longer happen makings charts more readable.
- Saved Filters have been added to the Facility, Equipment, and Device list page.
Users now have the ability to save a customized filtered view, so they can easily access that same view later on, improving the experience of interacting with large data sets.
- Facilities in the application can now be relabeled (e.g Facilities -> Sites).
- This new capability supports the generalization of our product based on the use case or company preferences. This is currently only supported for Facilities with support for other entities such as Equipment coming soon.
Data Ingestion Product
- Support for ingesting equipment operating conditions has been added to the internal data mapping tool.
- With this addition, we can now bulk ingest Facilities, Equipment, and Operating Conditions onto Carbon Hub, streamlining the onboarding process for users.
Jan 25, 2023
Product Release 2.318
- Plotted data on a time series graph will now more accurately display the time represented by the data.
There was a known issue with charts where the data was always evenly distributed on the graph regardless of the time between the data points.
Emissions Overview Dashboards
- The default date range for the emissions overview dashboards for an organization, facility, and equipment has been set to look back over a 12-month period.
This will improve the user experience by ensuring the dashboard is displayed with a complete data set.
Self-Serve Custom Dashboard
- Users will now be able to trend measurements across different devices.
- Now users can ask questions like "What are the differences between methane concentration measurements across different sensors at my facility?" by configuring their own chart for analysis.
- Users can add multiple charts to a dashboard and save the dashboard for reoccurring analysis.
- The current Dashboard tab has been renamed to Insights.
- The side navigation has a parent tab called Dashboards with two sub-items, Custom Dashboards for this new feature and Insights for the original chart feature.
- Users can now view device locations on a map.
This is applicable to all of our emission-monitoring customers. Mapping components will be used for future visualizations on dashboards and will be an important capability for our upcoming features.
Jan 19, 2023
Product Release 2.317
Filters + Custom Attributes
- Filters and custom attributes have been added to the equipment and device list page.
Users can now filter the list using company-specific attributes and first-class attributes to easily search against a large data set.
- We have updated our charting colors to enhance the accessibility of the chart.
- Attributes with decimals that did not display the decimal has been fixed.
- Support for ingesting Facilities and Equipment has been added to the internal data mapping tool.
Jan 12, 2023
Product Release 2.316
Data Ingestion Tool
- Internal users can now use Data ingestion to repeatably ingest Facilities and Streams for Operations Hub.
- A user can create a "Data Map" to match the columns from a CSV file to the attributes in our data model. This mapping can be saved so the same csv template can be used for repeatable ingestion.
January 10th, 2023
Product Release 2.315
Filters + Custom Attributes
- Filters and Custom Attributes have been added to the Facility List Page.
Users can now filter the list using company-specific attributes and first-class attributes to easily search against a large data set. Filters and Custom Attributes will be added to the Device and Equipment List Page shortly.
- Trending capabilities have been added to all devices. Users can now see the measurements that are taken by devices and trend those values over time.
- Some attributes have been made optional.
- Latitude and Longitude are now optional.
- Height is now optional.
Subpart W Export
- Pneumatic Device count has been correctly updated.
- Small combustion units have been correctly added to the export.
Subpart UU and RR
- Additional equipment types have been added to support subpart UU and RR. The added equipment types are connected to the emissions framework for CO2 sequestration calculations.